Saturday, July 24, 2010

Medical Ward

It's been a week and my body's sore and I hurt all over. But it's a good hurt, not because I'm a masochist but because it tells me that I had a fulfilling week. So my ranting about fate choosing my area of training could be a little off. Nothing happens by chance. I'm now assigned to the medical ward, San Juan Unit. The 33.3% probability of me training there was dead on. Statistics haven't failed me yet. I'm working with two nice guys. I mean 1 nice guy and 1 nice gay. LOL Yeah, we're a good team and we love helping each other and our enthusiasm for learning is evident. Couldn't have asked for better co-trainees. There's Daniel, the gay one. He's very obsessive compulsive, making our work more neat, organized and eye friendly. Then there's Tons who's so smart, so if ever we don't know anything, he helps us out. Then me. I guess what I can contribute to the team is that I'm a fast worker and being a graduate of San Juan de Dios College, I'm familiar with the whole set up. Well that's just according to me. Don't know what those two think.

I learned a lot specially when it comes to the rationale and relationships of the medicines given to the patient. I admire all of my senior staff nurses there. They seem to know everything, about the condition of the patient and the reasons behind everything they do. The medical ward is a good place for someone like me who wants to make sense out of everything. Hopefully I would get a chance to be deployed there. There's only one vacancy for that unit though. Sad really. We're hoping we're all getting deployed there. For now, I guess, I have 35% chances of getting in, Tons have 45% and Daniel 20%. But that's me talking again.

But I'm kinda worried now. I did something without telling my preceptors hoping that they'll miss it. Though I doubt it. We had an expired patient and I confusingly put another patient's vital signs on her chart. The 12pm column shouldn't have any readings but there it is. I was suppose to replace the sheet but there were already a lot of readings there, it might be too confusing and I might get some wrong. Hopefully it's okay since the patient already died, but questions could still be raised on how she had normal vital signs on the time of her death. Except of course for her respirations which have been abnormal since the morning. At least I got that one right. ugh... Hopefully tomorrow Monday, all is forgotten, or unnoticed and I could resume a worry free time forever again in San Juan de Dios.

So if ever they found out, I guess my chances will drop to to 30%, then Tons will have now 47.5% and Daniel 22.5%. *sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment