Monday, July 5, 2010

Fate?





I'm now into my Intensive Critical Training (ICT). Few more months and officially I'll be a staff nurse at San Juan de Dios Hospital!! =) But it seems like i'm not going to be working at the ward that I chose. Fate seems to be doing it for me.

We were asked to write down top 3 areas where we would like to be assigned. I'm the kind of person who still doesn't know what I want but of course I have some ideas where I'd like to be more than some. I chose, San Juan Unit which is a medical ward, Hemodialysis Unit and Emergency Service Unit. My first choice, SJU, is where I know I could learn a lot about Infectious diseases. Hemodialysis is where I have always dreamed of working since there's nothing much to do there. Just set up the machine and done! Last the ER. It's very challenging and there's a nice ring to it if you say to others that "I'm an ER nurse!". I have three choices! There's a 33.3% probability that I will be assigned to any one of these areas. But NO! It looks like I'll be at a Pediatrics ward or OB-Gyne ward.

I did thought about working at a OB-Gyne ward just because I like the uniform there. They wore scrub suits instead of the white nurse's uniform which are very tight and hot to wear. Plus, it's like an all girls area. No men allowed. You get the idea. So pretty much I won't be conscious with myself and I don't have to wear too much concealers (I got zits)! It's just being like in an all girls school again, except that it's smelly and a lot of distorted vagina! Pediatrics ward? No way! I like kids, but just playing with them or teasing them until they cry. I don't have much patience with them. Plus, my brother's already a Pediatrics staff nurse!

Everything about San Juan de Dios is like fate telling me something. The time when I inquired there, they said that there was no hiring. I was about to leave when I run to my clinical instructor, who I considered one of my closest instructors. She asked me what I was doing there and I told her about me inquiring but the hospital's not yet hiring. She told me to give her my resume and she'll pass it to the HR department! What luck! Just when I was about to leave! One month after that, I got a phone call from the hospital and was scheduled for an examination!

This is where my second encounter with fate: I have been studying for my NCLEX since I never thought the hospital will be calling me immediately. I was into reviewing about nursing abbreviations and the different transmissions of specific diseases. Whaddya know?! These were the topics that consists the exam!

Maybe me being put to the OB-Gyne ward or Pediatrics ward (I prefer the former) is another way of fate telling me that this is where I'm suppose to be. Fate has never let me down, I did what I'm suppose to do anyways--I chose three areas but I was place somewhere that's not on my list. Any ways, if these are where I'm gonna be place, heck, I'll be the best OB nurse or Pediatrics nurse the hospital's gonna get! Fate might have put me on the right track, and if I don't do anything there's a chance that I might get run over.

I am where I'm suppose to be and I'm gonna make the best of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment